Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

So as I mentioned previously my two little ladies are visiting their Aunt Mimi right now.  I was going to have two whole weeks with out little people.  Can you even imagine all you could get done???  Well, I was trying too.  I had made plans, set goals and worked myself up to quite a level of excitement at all I was going to get done.  Well, those were "the best laid plans."  You see two weeks ago today I woke up with a heavy chest which developed into laryngitis.  So this past Sunday I finally headed to the Minute Clinic (between church services of course).  They diagnosed me with a sinus infection, double ear infection and bronchitis.  After four days on my antibiotic I woke up yesterday and was worse.  So after three hours at the Dr today I now have pneumonia...FUN...NOT!!!  I came home with a whole new arson of medication and am hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

I am so thankful for a flexible boss (thanks dad!!)  I am soooo thankful for my sister for keeping my little ladies because I could not have done the mom thing this sick.  I am so grateful for my mom who just keeps the soup coming.  No kidding she makes the best soup.  She has checked on me no less than 20 times today.  SO nice to know she cares and loves me like no other...she is the BEST!! (thanks mom!!).  Finally, I want to thank my dear husband (this is sounding like an award show).  He has been very patient with me in my condition.  He has been a great nurse...thanks babe, I love you.

So, my house it not any cleaner.  My girls rooms have yet to be cleaned out and organized.  I have watched hours upon hours of HGTV.  My dog is literally my best friend right now.  I have successfully read every Field & Stream magazine in the house and I have perfected the only computer game I know how to play... solitaire.  I have decided I need an iPad and if you need to get caught up on anything happening in the world right now...call me.  I have spent lots of time watching and reading the news.  

However, on a really positive note.... I really have enjoyed being able to have so much quiet time with my Lord and Savior.  What a blessing to just sit at His feet and worship Him!!  I have listened to wonderful songs and read some great scripture the past few days.  What a wonderful, awesome God we have.

So at the end of this sickness I may will not have gotten all my plans done but I will have been able to accomplish something so much more...growing closer to my Heavenly Father!!!  Sometimes I need to remind myself that I have made plans but HE has the best plan for me!  Love this verse... Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the thoughts (plans) that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Amen! 


Here a little picture from bedtime last night...thanks to my brother-in-love, Dennis for sending it to me...I needed a smile last night and this did the trick!








1 comment:

  1. Praying for you!I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete