Thursday, February 9, 2012

100 Days


On Monday it was the 100th day of school for the girls.  Michaela’s class really did not plan anything but Sophia’s class was going to be having a celebration.  They were given a project to do…I have to admit I was very excited…our first school project.  I have told my husband that once they enter the world of paper projects I will completely let that be all him but if it involves glue or other crafty stuff…it’s mine!  They had to bring in 100 objects and it could be anything and they needed to display them somehow.  So we went to work.  Sophia loves to color!  When she was younger she would color anywhere and everywhere (carpet, walls, clothes…the list goes on).  I have become a mom who only buys Crayola washable products.  I would recommend them to any other mom who has a color everywhere type of child.  I also love color wonder products.  Ok, back to the project.  Due to her love of crayons I thought we could somehow bring in 100 crayons.  So when thinking of a fun way to display them we came of with flowers (another favorite of Sophia) and making a little garden on a display board.

Here is the finished project.  We used sidewalk chalk to make the background sky and grass.  We glued 10 crayons for each flower and then used a marker for the stem of the flower.  I was one proud momma.  I think she was very excited too!!


We did this on Saturday and by Sunday morning my sweet Sophia was sick L  I took her to the Dr. and she had another bad sinus infection (I hate all the pollen).  So she missed her 100th day celebration and her 101st day celebration but you better believe we brought the project in for the 103rd day! 

I am so thankful for my Sophia.  I hope she still loves coloring for many more years!!

3 comments:

  1. Babe...awesome stuff. THat was a great idea to do the 100 crayon thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm going to remember it for Julianna next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are so creative! You need to add a Pinterest Pin so I can add you to my board.

    ReplyDelete