Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Say Thanks!!

My husband and I were attending the Jacksonville Pastors' Conference at First Baptist Church this past week and I met a very dear lady...

A year ago I was going through some very difficult times in my life.  Too much to write about now...maybe someday.  Anyways, I was up most nights for hours as my family slept away.  So I did a lot of reading.  One night I happened to read Kelly Stamps blog.  I liked her immediately as she had a little girl and grew up in a pastor's home.  Two things I could really relate with.  Her little three year old Harper was very sick at birth and was in the NICU for sometime.  Our little Sophia was also born with some difficulties (nothing nearly as serious as Harper but she was in the NICU for a few days).  So I felt somewhat connected through that too.  So I read her blog and ultimately her mothers blog.  Many nights those blogs became such an encouragement to me.  To "read" someone else's story, hear their struggles, weep with them, and see our Lord intervene in some trying times.  Anyways, they became two of my favorite blogs to read.

One night while reading Miss Judy's blog I read that she and her husband come to the Pastors' Conference at First Baptist Jax every year.  This was last year and we had just been and I immediately thought how fun it would be to meet her.  I tucked that information away and thought maybe next year.

Fast forward to this year...so I tell my husband how much I would really like to meet her, etc.  There are thousands of people there and he says that he prays I do but don't get my hopes up.

So Thursday came and went, nothing.  Friday came and went, nothing.  Finally Saturday night was upon us.  This was our last night as we were needing to be at our church on Sunday all day.  So this was my final chance.  I prayed about it.  I talked with Michael again and again he was not very encouraging...but then not 3 minutes later...there she was.  I could NOT believe it.  There she was walking in with a group.  I ran over to meet her.  I was crying and I don't think I sounded/looked normal at all but I know God sent her there just at the right time so I could just say thanks.  Thank you for encouraging me along this dark road I have been walking through.  Thank you for letting your light shine so brightly for Jesus.  Thank you to Kelly for telling her story every day.  I just wanted to say "thanks" and the Lord gave me that opportunity.  I wish I had a picture to share but I don't (great planning on my part I know) but I will never forget it!!

If you haven't read their blogs yet...please do.  You will be so encouraged.  Here are their links...

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com
http://hisdoorkeeper.blogspot.com/

So the moral of this little story is...you never know what a blessing you are to someone!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post baby! God tuly has brought us through some tough times...you especially. I am so thankful for how He has got us on the path of health and healing in Him! Love you

    ReplyDelete