Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Daniel

I was blessed with one sister Amy (who by the way has a really cool blog too).  We are five years apart in age but the best of friends.  However, we live 9 hours away from each other.  Her husband, Dennis is a pastor in Denham Springs, Louisiana and we are in NE Florida sooooo we don't always get to see each other that much.  She has two boys, Charles who is 11 and Daniel who is about to be 7.  I love these boys SO much.  They are SO different from my two little ladies and it is so much fun when all the kids are together.

This past Thursday they came to town as I mentioned in an earlier blog for about a total of 48 hours.  Don't get me wrong I would take 48 minutes with them.  I was just happy to see them.  It was kind of a last minute deal but we decided to have a little party for Daniel who is turning 7 this Saturday.  It is rare that we get to celebrate the kids birthdays together so we had a little party.  Again, I emphasize that we literally threw it together in just a few hours.  It was fun and I think he was surprised and tickled!!

Here are a few pictures from our special party!!


He is such a little man!  I just love him so much!!


We went with a Toy Story 3-D theme!



We got him a scooter...the big boy kind...only two wheels.  SCARY!  My sister is such a brave mom!


Happy Birthday Daniel!  I am so glad we were able to celebrate with you!  You are such a sweet, little gentleman.  One of my most favorite things is to hear you pray.  You are a gift from God!!

3 comments:

  1. We enjoyed every minute we got to spend with all of you!Dan brings the scooter everywhere with us. You never know when a good opportunity to ride will emerge. :) (Good news it folds.) He rides it every chance he gets. And in his pocket at all times is the Hex bug. Thanks for making special memories for him. We love you all! Can't wait until next time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel looks just like his dad!!!

    I loved this post because my girls are 5 years apart and I have wondered if that is too many years for them to have a close relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, She truly is my best friend!! I am so grateful for her. It is funny, I always worry about my girls being close too, but for the opposite reason...they are so close in age (only 13 months apart). So far so good :) We'll see in about 20 years. I pray they are!

      Delete