Saturday, May 5, 2012

When It Rains It Pours

I don't think I ever shared the story about Michael's foot but that is what really started it all.  It was a month ago that he sliced his foot open on an oyster bed at the beach.  He had gone fishing for the afternoon/evening and when he came home he said he had cut his foot.  More like he sliced it open.  I won't share all the details or pictures but it was nasty and deep.  It was late on Friday night by the time he finally got home so he just went to the Dr. the next morning.  They gave him a tetanus shot and some antibiotics.  Ten days later he starts with the rash (see previous posts).  So on Wednesday Michaela starts complaining of a headache and a sore throat.  I started thinking this is not good.

Thursday we had a BIG surprise for the girls.  My sister and her family were in for 24 hours and the girls did not know.  I had decided to keep them home from school on Friday so they could spend it with their cousins.  The girls had finished their week of testing at school and were ready for a break so it worked perfectly.  By Thursday night Michaela was not feeling well at all.  Just a nasty cold but sometimes those are the worst.

We had an awesome time with Amy and her family.  They were really coming so my sister Amy could speak at a  Mother/Daughter banquet and my bro-in-law Dennis could preach at a church in Rincon, Georgia.  (Hi Wendy!!)  Rather then go straight there they spent the day with us on Friday and will swing back by tomorrow.  Dennis is going to preach for Michael tomorrow night and then they will leave on Monday.

So last night when we got home Sophia started sneezing.  I keep telling them to please share something else besides colds!!  She was one sick little girl today.  Miserable would describe her.  So we had a very calm day at the house.  Michael is no longer quarantined.  So he spent the day at the office and we stayed home ALL day.  And we...

read lots of books and...

played their new favorite game...Battleship!! (by the way just in case you are wondering it takes longer than candy land and chutes & ladders)...


and watched some movies!!

I am so ready for EVERYONE (and by that I mean...Mom, Dad, Michael Michaela and Sophia) to be healthy!!  There has just been lots of sickness/injuries/ weird stuff going on.  I just feel like when it rains it pours.  I am ready for it to dry up!  Please don't get me wrong.  I know none of this is life threatening but it just makes life challenging.

Here are my sweet ladies...just wanted to end on a happy note!





1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I made it to the blog! How awesome is that!!! Love reading all your stories! Thanks for sharing your sister with me,wish you could have joined us!Love, Me

    ReplyDelete