Friday, March 16, 2012

Flashback Friday

I am SO behind in blogging memories that I have decided that on Fridays I will try and post an event from our past...hence "Flashback Friday."  Don't pass out at my creativity!  They will be very random.  They will probably be very old.  So here it goes...(I know you are at the edge of your seats right now...all 3 of ya, ha!)

Flashback Friday: First Day of School 2011-2012

Last year we home schooled Michaela for K-5.  We live out in the country and there are not any Christian schools really near us but we felt the Lord leading us in a different direction for this school year.  We looked at several schools and the Lord directed our steps to First Baptist Academy.  I can not even begin to tell you how much we love this school!!  It has been a gift from God to our family.  We are so blessed that the girls were able to attend FBA this year.  We love our teachers Mrs. Moenning and Mrs. McCorvey.  I will say I pray for these ladies so much as they spend so much time with my babies.  They are both so sweet and we could not have asked for better teachers!

It was very hard to kiss my babies BOTH goodbye for the first time this past August but I had such peace as I knew this was God's will for them.  I am very grateful they love school so much...makes it easier to kiss them goodbye each morning.

We do have to drive quite a lot...like 3 hours a day a lot.  School begins at 8:30 so we usually leave around 7:20 and I can be back home around 9:00.  Traffic is never as bad in the afternoon so I usually don't leave until 2:20 since they get out at 3:00 and we are usually home by 4:00.  We listen to lots of Adventures of Odyssey and Patch the Pirate!  I love this time to chat with my girls.

Here are several pictures from our first day of school.

First day of school breakfast.  We have since gone to eating breakfast in the car.  Some day I will do a whole post of what you can eat for breakfast in the car besides pop tarts every day.


They were not quite ready for this early wake up even though they had 12 hours of sleep!!



Wow!  How do they get so big so fast.  I don't like it!

One last picture before class started.  I love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment