Sunday, March 11, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

Happy Sunday!  I wanted to share this little memory from this morning so I won't forget it.

The girls and I were getting ready for church this morning together in my room.  Michael had already left so he could go over a few things at church.  I had lit a candle on my bathroom counter.  My girls are past the age of blowing candles or trying to touch them.  They are super responsible however, today was a little different.

Each girls uses the same counter every day.  One uses my husbands sink and counter and one girl uses mine.  It just makes life easier.  When they are of the age that they can clean their own bathroom is when they can use their own bathroom :)  Anyways, one of the girls (who will remain nameless for this story) set her little towel on the counter after brushing her teeth and it caught the fire.

So I am sitting on my bed supervising the "getting on of the tights" and I begin to smell a strong smoke smell.  I look up and see a large flame coming from where my little candle was sitting...key word little.  Yep, the towel was on fire.  Thankfully it was just a few inches from the sink so it was quickly put out!! (Side note: I am going to buy a fire extinguisher this week, not sure why I don't already have one!)

I should NOT have left the candle down on the counter.  I should have blown it out as soon as I left the room but I didn't...my fault.  My daughter was shook up but we talked through how we just have to be very careful and aware of what is going on around us.  Needless to say I had a really good praise in Sunday School..."I'm thankful my house did not burn down this morning!"  My husband was quite shocked too as he had missed all the fun.

I am praising the Lord for His protection this Sunday!!!

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment