Monday, April 16, 2012

Not So Fast

It seems like yesterday my sweet little ladies were sweet little babies.  As we all know babies depend on us for EVERYTHING and for the most part I loved that.  There were those occasional times when I was tired and wish they could...change their own diaper, make their own lunch, etc.  But overall, I love doing for my girls.  As my babies are growing up I find that they are wanting to do things on their own...make their bed, do their hair, etc.  I will be totally honest and keep it real...I don't like it.

Yesterday as we were getting ready for church Michaela needed to have her nail polish taken off.  I started to do it and she immediately said "Mom, I can do this, I don't need help."  I wanted to cry.  Two weeks ago both girls borrowed small purses from me to use for church...I was stunned.  I didn't think we would be sharing purses for years.  I want to scream NOT SO FAST!!  Stop growing up so fast.

They now vacuum their own rooms.  They actually helped me clean the house with real cleaning stuff this weekend.  They can crack open eggs.  Michaela loves to steam mop my floors (I think she does a better job than me).  Sophia ties her own shoes...the list goes on and on.  Don't get me wrong, I am SO proud of them but sometimes I secretly wish that I was still doing all of this for them.

I want to hold on to each moment and cherish each stage of their little lives because they are growing up SO FAST!!!  

Which makes moments like these seem forever ago!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment